Friday, May 11, 2012

Mothers Day - Sunshine Handprints






Mothers Day is right around the corner and my twins wanted to make me a picture using a large canvas I had left over from Christmas.  So we thought about our favorite songs and came up with, "You are my sunshine" as it's a song we often sing about the house.

I don't think it's uncommon for moms to help make their own Mothers Day projects....I tend to lead all the art projects in my house so it feels natural to do this as well!

First we gathered our supplies:
Large White Canvas
Blue, Orange, and Yellow Acrylic Paints
Wet Hand Towels
Thick Sharpie



I don't think we have a single cereal bowl that hasn't been at some point used for a craft!  Paint the kids palms orange and their fingers yellow.  A little smudging is fine and looks a bit better I think - my twins are 5 and did a great job applying their own paint so I wasn't about to smear their great job! 

 Use the wet hand towels (use hand wipes in a pinch) on the kids before they touch their hair or the family dog (my groomer loves us....and has such pity for our more often then not white dog).


Let it dry and hang this keepsake for all to see!  I have mine in my office, the day I photography my office and it's chaos will have to wait for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark